Monday, June 26, 2006

God's still faithful!

Over the last year, I've begun to have doubts about my ability to continue homeschooling as my oldest approaches high school. I was especially concerned with math and literary criticism. For math, I had an excellent curriculum (Singapore's New Elementary Maths) but as it's designed for math teachers, I was finding myself getting in over my head.

So at the homeschool conference last weekend, I went to a presentation on Videotext Algebra... I think it will be about as good as Singapore, but doesn't require me to fill in gaps left by the text. I'm a little sad at abandoning Singapore, but it just wasn't working anymore. (Anyone want to buy my books?)

My real find was an author named James Stobaugh, who writes Jr. Hi and High School level texts which are so good in so many ways for us that I don't even know how to begin to describe them.

Thank you, God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: