Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Miss Marple

I wonder if I could write a murder mystery? Thus far, I've confined myself to the historical fiction genre. I wish I could, however, because I think the world needs another delightful old lady detective. I have the character fairly well formed in my head. Unlike Miss Marple, mine wouldn't be a spinster, but a widowed grandmother, with some bright kids who help her solve mysteries...

One concern is my ability to come up with the requisite plot twists and turns, and the other whether writing about murder is consistent with Philippians 4:8, "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things."

Of course, I read them, so perhaps its straining a gnat and swallowing a camel to say that perhaps I shouldn't write them.

No comments: