Friday, May 19, 2006

Learning to Like Clouds

For the last three years (almost) I have lived near Cleveland, Ohio, which is the 3rd cloudiest region in the U.S. A few months before moving here, I got a hint of that fact from my mother-in-law. We were living near Boston at the time, and she came to visit us in February. I noticed the frequency and intensity with which she commented how wonderful the sunny days were. I realized then that she hadn't seen the sun in awhile!

In a place with so many clouds, I'm coming to love the complexity of their layered patterns. Clouds of differing shades of gray, white, even hints of blue, purple and green, and with widely varying textures pile up in front of and around each other to make beautiful mosaics.

So, I'm learning to like clouds...

No comments: