Saturday, September 16, 2006

Two girls....

I've been dividing my time between two little girls today. The first is Becky, who has been sick for several days. The problem is that any time she gets a fever, her little tummy tends to reject any food or drink recently acquired. Her method of preventing that is an ICE COLD washcloth applied and FREQUENTLY reapplied to her forehead. She also likes potpourri, which I heat on the stove and set near her. It seems to be working so far...

The other little girl is a recent acquisition. After the extremely upsetting but necessary euthenasia of my favorite cat in the world last February, we've been in the extraordinary position of having no cats. Our other cats have been strays, whom I like to think of has having been brought to us by God, so I was disinclined to go get a cat.

Doug's brother called this morning, and had rescued a stray from the towpath trail, but since they have a dog, thought we might be interested. So, now I have an adorable little cat learning to be less afraid in the basement, and spreading a few fleas while she's at it, unfortunately.

That's all for now. I'm sure one of my little girls in lonely and needs company!

No comments: