Friday, August 18, 2006

Disappointment (sort of)

I heard back from one of the two publishers I sent a proposal to... The sample chapters are 'not strong enough.' If I get a similar response from the second place, I'll do some serious rewriting and perhaps even pay for some editorial advice from someplace like Writer's Edge.

But despite the title of this entry, I'm not terribly bothered by it. As anyone who has ever looked at this more than once or twice can tell, I'm a real devotee of Proverbs. I especially love chapter 16, and find great peace in the first verse, which says something like, 'In his heart a man plans his steps, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue.' I'm going to assume that goes for the reply of the keyboard as well, and truly, if my Lord doesn't want this thing published, or doesn't want it published yet, neither do I.

No comments: