Monday, January 01, 2007

Goals for 2007

Like my skeptical daughter, I'm not a huge fan of New Year's resolutions. One reason is that for myself, in most areas at least, I feel like I'm already doing the best I can. A better reason has a somewhat scriptural basis. In Romans 9:16, these words referring to salvation can be applied to most 'self-improvement' plans, I think: "It does not depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy."

With that in mind, I have the following four goals for myself this year. (I also have the word 'grace' written all over the page in a manner reminiscent of falling rain, just to make sure I remember the source!)

1. Live a life of sacrifice, service, and self-denial instead of ease and self-indulgence.
2. Work more on non-academics (e.g. character, spiritual life) in our homeschool.
3. Finish Faithful unto Death, the sequel to Free Indeed.
4. Work on finding a publisher.

I'd also say that they are more or less listed in order of importance.

No comments: