Monday, December 18, 2006

Stuck in thorns

We had uncommonly warm weather here early last week, so one afternoon the kids and I happened to take a ramble in the woods near our home. (I actually intended it to be a walk the the lovely, paved path through the woods, but with my daughter Becky along, that was unlikely.

Thus is was that I found myself standing with Becky in front of me calling me forward, and Tim standing impatiently behind, while I had approximately half a dozen thorns attached to various parts of my clothing and anatomy. (On a side note, did you know that a thorn can pierce your fingernail and cause a little spot of blood to well up in the middle of it?)

So, this morning I read the following in Proverbs 15:19:

The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns,
but the path of the upright is a highway.

I can quite relate, especially as my daughter had offered to take a big stick and smash down all the thorns for me, but I didn't want to take the time. (After all, she'd slipped through it all quite easily, but that's another topic!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it was easier after I had!