Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Writer of the Week

I enjoyed reading the second in Irene Hannon's Heroes of Quantico series. I like to think that her portrayal of the men who protect our country is accurate, though I don't actually have her personal knowledge.

Just today, my daughter and I heard a quote from a highly placed public official in which it was referenced that he had dropped the 'f-word.' As we were discussing our frustration with the lack of morality in public figures, a police car zoomed past, speeding but with no lights or siren... one assumes, breaking the law because he thought that an officer of the law is above it.

So, I enjoy Hannon's stories, but I appreciate her portrayal of men who should be heroes, as heroes.

Discover more of her books here.

1 comment:

16shamrock said...

Hi, Debbie! Thanks for making me your writer of the week--and I'm glad you enjoyed the first two books in my Heroes of Quantico series ("Against All Odds" and "An Eye For An Eye"). As for four-letter words, gratuitous violence and graphic sex, you won't find those in ANY of my books. As Mary Higgins Clark once said, you don't need those to tell a good story. Thanks again for singling me out! Irene Hannon