Sunday, July 16, 2006

Highlights of our trip

All four of us seem to have a different 'favorite' part of the trip. Mine is unmistakable -- the birthday party which began it all... Leaving here on a Thursday, we drove eleven hours that day and the next, and about three on Saturday, rushing to get to Denver before noon for my grandmother's birthday party.

We made it on time, but after checking into our hotel and changing clothes, we were among the last to arrive. For me, the best part of the trip was that party. I walked in and immediately saw and greeted my grandma, but after that, it was as if every direction my head turned and every place my eyes focussed, I saw people coming over to hug me and say hi, most of which I hadn't seen in years, and some in more than a decade. After my grandma, I saw my parents, my sisters, aunts and an uncle, cousins, cousins, and more cousins, a niece, nephew and even a 'grand-niece' if there is such a thing.

I'm still smiling at the memory!

No comments: